What is Active Forth?
Active Forth is the physical activity referral scheme for Falkirk District. It is
a scheme where your GP, physiotherapist, rehabilitation specialist or other medical
professional can refer you to take part in a structured physical activity programme
for 12 weeks.
Who can be referred?
If you have any of the following medical conditions, Active Forth could be for you!
- Coronary Heart Disease (or risk of)
- High Blood Pressure - Stage 3
- Injury/surgical rehabilitation
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Back Pain
- Motor Disease
- Falls prevention
- Serious Respiratory disorder
If you have a medical condition that is not stated on this list but feel you would
benefit from a structured programme, please get in touch with one of our Physical
Activity Referral Consultants to discuss.
What is involved?
You will enjoy the benefits of exercise under the guidance of our fully qualified
staff at a discounted rate. The referral is for 12 weeks:
- 1st appointment: information session about the scheme and what
- 2nd appointment: fitness assessment and a physical activity programme
is devised based on medical conditions
- 4 week review: check up to see if there have been changes to medical
conditions or medications and to update programme
- 8 week review: further check up on progress
- 12 week re-assessment: fitness assessment is retaken to determine
any improvements, results are then sent back to referring practitioner.
The exercise will be set at a comfortable level to suit your capabilities and to
make sure you enjoy your activity. There are both individual and group exercise
Other services/classes associated with Active Forth are:
- Active Forth Class
- Group Supervised Sessions
- Otago Strength and Balance classes
- Active Forth Aquacise - a low impact class suitable for all ages and abilities
- Step Forth walking groups
- Special needs class at the Mariner Centre
- Free swimming sessions
Where are we based?
Active Forth operates from the Grangemouth Sports Complex, Bo'ness Recreation Centre
and the Mariner Leisure Centre. The aim of the scheme is to give you an opportunity
to become more active and gain the benefits of a healthier lifestyle.
Falkirk Community Trust
4 Stadium Way