Access and outreach projects
Our access and outreach work has been set up to deliver creative learning projects
that will meet the needs and interests of different groups and communities. We are
keen to offer wider access to our collections and resources by actively encouraging
the public to visit our museum stores, and take part in our varied outreach projects.
Our access and outreach projects aim to:
- invite participation from local people in creative learning opportunities
- raise awareness of the museum service as an innovative learning tool
- increase access to collections for diverse audiences.
- contribute to the ongoing development of the collection
- encourage ownership of the museum collections by the local community
- provide opportunities to engage with us on an informal basis through participant
- develop partnerships with other organisations