Avonbridge War Memorial
Originally on a small natural knoll beside the River Avon at the end of Blackston
Road, on ground given by Charles Forbes of Callendar House. It was moved in 1964
to the junction of Main Street and Slamannan Road.
An Ionic Cross of Aberdeen granite set on a rustic cairn. The cross-head has a simple interlace design and the shaft carries a sword. The inscriptions are confined to panels set into the cairn. That on the front commences "Erected to the memory of our lads who fell in the Great War 1914-1918". Later on a third panel was formed on one of the sides: "Also of our lads who fell in world war 1939-1945". Unveiled by Mr. Robert Forrester on Saturday 24 October 1920 and dedicated by Reverend J.R. Garvie.
Names of the Fallen
First World War: 33 men
Andrew Baird, John Barr, Thomas Binnie, Robert Borthwick, Alexander Copland, Hamilton Dobbie, Andrew Duncan, Thomas Elliot, David Frickleton, John Gilchrist, Thomas Hunter, John Kelso, William Kelso, David Lamond, John Lamond, Charles Main, Malcolm Marshall, John McDonald, Robert McDonald, Alexander McEwan, William McKechnie, Murdoch McKenzie, John Reid, James Reid, John Robertson, Peter Russell, James Thomson, Neil Thomson, George Wallace, John Watson, Davie Wilson, Peter Wilson, William Wood.
Second World War: 6 men
George Wright, John Reynolds, John McFarlane, Joseph Williams, Robert C. Taylor, Ninnian Y. Clifford.