Blackness War Memorial
At the side of the main road into the village below the Episcopalian Church which
granted the corner strip of land for its erection.
A clock tower of Rubislaw granite standing 10.5ft tall. The clock has since been replaced by polished granite panels. It bears the simple inscription "1914-1919. To the Glory of God and in memory of the men of Blackness and district who fell in the Great War." Then follows the names of the fallen. Below is "Greater love hath no man than this, than a man lay down his life for his friends". A bronze plaque was later added "1939 World War 1945".
Designed and sculpted by Messrs William Roberts and Son, Falkirk. Unveiled by the resident landlord, Colonel H.M. Cadell, Deputy Lieutenant for Linlithgowshire on Saturday 23rd December 1922. Dedicated by Rev. William Dundas of Carriden Church.
Names of the Fallen
First World War: 8 men
Pte G J Blackley NF, R Dalrymple GH, J L Mason RS, W P Naysmith SH, S G S Paterson KOSB, J Paterson RS, JA Sutherland HMS "Bayand", J White RS.
Second World War: 2 men
John Kemlo LS, John Morris RA.