Shieldhill War Memorial
On the north side of the Slamannan to Reddingmuirhead Road on land gifted by Mr John McIsaac, Greenmount Farm.
An obelisk of roughly dressed blocks of Rubislaw granite, neatly cemented together. There are three tiers to the base, the upper one bearing the inscription: "Greater love hath no man than this". This supports a substantial die on which is a panel, facing the road, with the names picked out in lead. Towards the bottom of the shaft are the dates "1914-1919".
Below the names of the fallen and inscribed on the base are the words "To the memory of the men of E and W Shieldhill and Summerhouse who fell in the Great War". The tapering shaft is 26ft tall. It is surrounded by a semi-circular railing. The monument is properly known as the Easter and Wester Shieldhill and Summerhouse War Memorial.
Names of the Fallen
First World War: 20 men
2nd Lt John Watson, Pte William Anderson, Pte William Beattie, Pte Thomas Bennett, Pte Samuel Blackley, Pte Peter Cairns, Pte Thomas Gibb, Pte Robert Gray, Cpl John Jenkins, L/Cpl Dougal McCowan, Gnr Malcolm McIsaac, Gnr William McIsaac, Pte James Martin, Pte Kevin Meade, Pte Maxwell Mitchell, Pte John Ramsay, Pte Robert Sim, Pte Robert Skinner, L/Cpl John Smart, Cpl James Watson.
Second World War: 9 men
ACI JSR Aitken, Cpl AD Duncan, Gnr R Anderson, F/Sgt W Fyffe, Cpl T Campbell, L/Cpl T Jack, L/Cpl A Dougall, Gnr P U Sneddon, Pte J Thomson.