Standburn War Memorial
Occupying a commanding position by the Avonbridge-Linlithgow Road at the west end of the village on land bought by the people of Standburn.
This monument is unusual in taking the form of a memorial Fountain. It is made of Creetown silver grey granite enhanced on the front and back side by two finely wrought bronze panels. That facing the road bears the names of the fallen, surmounted by the inscription "In memory of the men employed at Muiravonside and Redford Collieries who died in the Great War 1914-1919". Below this is the bronze fountain spout in the shape of a lion's head. The rear panel has a laurel wreath and the words "To the honoured dead".
Designed by Messrs John Scotland and Sons of Airdrie. Sculpted by Robert Douglas and Son, Airdrie and Dumfries. Cost met by public subscription. Unveiled by Captain Thomas Harvey of Weedingshall on Sunday 19 November 1922.
Names of the Fallen
First World War: 28 men
Robert Anderson, Mathew Brown, Robert Brown, David Christie, Lewis Clarke, James Davies, Peter Ferguson, James Gardner, James Gardner, William Geddes, Thomas Jamieson, William Johnston, David Lamond, John Lamond, James Liddle, Charles Main, George Mills, Robert McNeil, Malcolm McPhail, David Park, Robert Robertson, Joe Robertson, Alexander Rodger, David Rodger, Walter Rollo, William Stevenson, James A Stewart, Thomas Walker.