Libraries for Children and Young People
Your local library is packed with activities and resources to foster imagination,
creativity and build a lifelong love of books and reading.
- Bookbug story, rhyme, bonding and movement sessions
for ages 0-3 and their families.
- Storytimes for ages 3-5 grow a child's love of reading
with books that spark the imagination and chances to play, craft or colour.
- AppyPlay toddler tablet sessions give you and your wee
one the chance to try out fun, engaging educational apps and games.
Primary School-age children
- Chatterbooks is a children's club where we chat
about books and create, make and play.
- Lego Clubs run in blocks throughout the year, watch this space for details.
- Code Clubs aim to inspire the next generation to get excited about computing by
teaching 9 to 11-year-olds how to code.
We try to make sure there's something for everyone during school breaks whether it's
a craft session, interactive workshop, Minecraft or a special guest.
We always look forward to summer because that's when the
Summer Reading Challenge begins! Children can collect cool prizes to reward
their book borrowing, so it's great for keeping up the reading habit through the
Books, books and more books!
Reading well is a key skill that that unlocks opportunities at school and throughout
life. Falkirk Libraries is passionate about fostering a love of reading in children.
We're here to help your child grow up loving books!
Our specialist staff chooses a wide range of engaging reading material for all ages
- Board and picture books for young children
- Easy readers for emerging readers and children growing in confidence
- Audiobooks and read-along stories
- Junior fiction to spark the imagination
- Teen fiction
- Non-fiction books for helping with school projects or just satisfying curious minds
- Dyslexia-friendly titles
- A range of books to help you discuss difficult subjects with your children
library catalogue to search, click and collect titles at your local library.
We believe everyone, no matter how old they are, has a story in them. That's why we started the Writing Rammy, a flash fiction competition for the whole family. Find out more and take part in the Family Rammy!