AppyPlay sessions are all about little ones and their parents having fun with technology
We know that parents can be apprehensive about introducing very young children to
apps and handheld devices. In our AppyPlay sessions Falkirk Libraries staff will
show parents how quality digital apps can be used to support their child's development.
Check the bottom of the page for upcoming sessions.
AppyPlay is first and foremost about you having fun with your wee one. You'll play
with quality apps on our stock of child-friendly iPads, but we can also help you
understand how to change the settings on your own device to create a digital environment
that is safe for your child to explore.
In our AppyPlay sessions we will:
- Give you a new, simple way to play with your child, bond and have fun
- Promote how useful play and technology can be in child development
- Showcase clever and engaging apps that can improve your child's understanding of
words, numbers and the world around them
We will NOT:
- Encourage you to run out and buy a tablet
- Suggest tablets should replace traditional books, toys or other things your child
AppyPlay is part of Falkirk Libraries Appiness project which supports parents as they introduce touchscreen technology to their toddlers
through interactive sessions, online information and a touring AppyPlace.
AppyPlay sessions run in a block of 4 and never include more than 8 parent/child
groups. We supply the technology, so you don't need to have your own tablet or phone
or any experience of using digital devices.
Over the course of the sessions we'll:
- Show novices how to operate iPads and Android tablets
- Look at how to change settings to make a device safer for children
- Advise on how to get the best out of the Apple/Google Play store
- Offer tips on choosing a good quality app
- Have lots of time to play together!
For more information or to book a slot on an AppyPlay session email email@example.com
or call 01324 506800.
Get hands-on at the AppyPlace
Our touring iPads will be popping up in library children's areas, giving you the
chance to get hands-on with educational apps whenever the library is open! There
are also information leaflets about apps and technology that you can take away.
Where is the AppyPlace?
The AppyPlace is currently at Larbert and Grangemouth Libraries and you can use
them whenever the library is open! Settle down with your wee one, talk about what
you see on screen and have fun!
A listing of upcoming events
Sorry, there are no events available