Bookbug Rhymetime Sessions
Bookbug Sessions are free, fun and friendly events for babies, toddlers and their
families to enjoy together.
Our sessions are suitable for ages 0-3. There's gentle songs for bouncing babies
and loads of chances to move for toddlers who've found their feet! There are also
stories and probably a few rhymes you'll remember from your own childhood.
Each session lasts around 30 to 45 minutes and is usually weekly. The atmosphere
is relaxed and friendly and they're the perfect chance, not only for you to spend
quality time with your wee one, but to meet other mums, dads, grandparents and carers.
Bookbug sessions promote a whole host of emotional, social and educational benefits
for your child:
- Our rhymes involve you making eye-contact or cuddling and tickling your baby, so
they’re a lovely way to help you both bond.
- You'll meet lots of different families and children who are at the same stage as
you and your child so they’re great for building confidence, social skills and friendships.
- Regularly hearing and singing songs and rhymes develops speech and language.
- Moving to the music helps your child learn about rhythm and improves their listening
and motor skills.
- Find out more about how Bookbug can help your child's development on the Scottish
Most Bookbug Sessions are weekly, with the exception of Falkirk Library. You can
usually just walk into a session, but some libraries require booking as they fill
A listing of upcoming events
|Wednesday, 27th September 2017|
Denny Library, Denny
|Thursday, 28th September 2017|
Grangemouth Library, Grangemouth
|Friday, 29th September 2017|
Falkirk Library, Falkirk
Bo'ness Library, Bo'ness