Summer Reading Challenge
Go on an adventure with Dennis and Gnasher to find buried treasure!
It's the 80th anniversary of much-loved comic, The Beano. To celebrate, this year's Tesco Bank Summer Reading Challenge Scotland will follow the antics of the Beanotown gang.
Just read 6 books over at least visits to the library and at the end claim a free child's entry to Blair Drummond Safari Park and a free swim!
Check out our Summer in Libraries page for a full list of all the great events happening all summer long.
How the Summer Reading Challenge works
- Starts Saturday June 16th, ends Saturday 18th August
- Anyone aged 4-12 can participate
- Read 6 books over at least 3 visits to your local library
- Borrow the books YOU like: stories, fact books, joke books, picture books or audiobooks!
- Check our Summer Reading Challenge guide
Mischief Makers Rewards
Collect a poster, special stickers and other goodies as you work through the Challenge. When you finish you'll receive 4 very special rewards.
See Guide and Terms for details.
- Free Blair Drummond Child's pass:
One free entry for the young person who finishes the Challenge. Just show your completed Challenge poster at the gate.
- Free swim: One free swim at one of the following Falkirk Community Trust swimming pools: Bo'ness Recreation Centre, Grangemouth Sports Complex or the Mariner Centre.
- Medal and Certificate: Pick this up when you finish or attend your library's special medal ceremony. Your library will give you more information about this.
Take the Challenge online!
Visit the Summer Reading Challenge website to play games, add your books and enter competitions.
As you complete The Challenge you'll collect stickers that have secret codes. Enter the codes on the website to unlock additional online content.
Beano image ©DC Thomson Ltd (2018)
Connect with us
Sign up today!
Keep up to date with what's happening in your Falkirk area with our monthly newsletter.