Hippodrome Festival of Silent Cinema 2014
HippFest is recruiting!
We're looking for a Marketing Co-ordinator and a Media Officer to join the 2015 Festival team. You can find more information on how to apply here.
- “As [the] Hippodrome Festival ably proved – any absence of sound actually creates
the need for a hugely powerful element that’s itself missing from almost all ‘talkie’
movies: live performance.” - *****
- “The Hippodrome Festival of Silent Cinema is undoubtedly a gem for anyone interested
in film – silent or otherwise.” -
The Falkirk Herald
- "Superb, professional and fun from start to finish!" - 2014 Festivalgoer
- "It's a fantastic event - I really enjoyed myself and only wish I could stay
- "Long may the Hippodrome shine its lights on the people of Bo’ness and those lucky enough to visit this lovely festival" - Sight and Sound
It's been another record breaker!
Huge thanks to everyone who made
the fourth Hippodrome Festival of Silent Cinema (or #HippFest) a special event that
people all over the country are talking about.
We welcomed even more performers, participants and audiences to the beautiful Hippodrome
cinema in Bo’ness on 12-16 March and ticket sales were up by 20% on last year. From
the successful community tour of the 'Film Explainer’ commission around the Falkirk
area to the world premiere of Jane Gardner’s score for ‘Dragnet Girl’, there were
over 2,500 attendances across the Festival’s screening, events and outreach programme.
Connect with us
Keep in touch with all the HippFest news on
Facebook and Twitter. We’re
already working on plans for the fifth Festival in March 2015 so we hope we’ll see
you next year!
- The HippFest Team
Connect with us via Facebook
and Twitter to get the latest Festival
sign up here to keep up to date with what's happening across the Falkirk
Connect with us
Silent Cinema Festival
10 Hope Street
Sign up today!
Keep up to date with what's happening in your Falkirk area with our monthly newsletter.