Hippodrome Festival of Silent Cinema 2014
It's been another record breaker!
Huge thanks to everyone who made the fourth Hippodrome Festival of Silent Cinema (or #HippFest) a special event that people all over the country were talking about.
2014 Festival Photography by Eoin Carey Photo
We welcomed even more performers, participants and audiences to the beautiful Hippodrome cinema in Bo'ness on 12-16 March, and ticket sales were up by 20% on last year. From the successful community tour of the 'Film Explainer' commission around the Falkirk area to the world premiere of Jane Gardner's score for 'Dragnet Girl', there were over 2,500 attendances across the Festival's screening, events and outreach programme.
- “As [the] Hippodrome Festival ably proved – any absence of sound actually creates
the need for a hugely powerful element that’s itself missing from almost all ‘talkie’
movies: live performance.” - *****
- “The Hippodrome Festival of Silent Cinema is undoubtedly a gem for anyone interested
in film – silent or otherwise.” -
The Falkirk Herald
- "Superb, professional and fun from start to finish!" - 2014 Festivalgoer
- "It's a fantastic event - I really enjoyed myself and only wish I could stay
- "Long may the Hippodrome shine its lights on the people of Bo’ness and those lucky enough to visit this lovely festival" - Sight and Sound
Connect with us
Silent Cinema Festival
10 Hope Street
Sign up today!
Keep up to date with what's happening in your Falkirk area with our monthly newsletter.