Buckle-up your utility belts and throw on your cape - we're taking over Falkirk Library's two floors to celebrate all things comics!
This is a free, family-friendly event where you can meet comic creators, dress up, bag some goodies and do a bit of pre-Christmas geek shopping!
Falkirk Library will be open to the general public on the day of the Comic Takeover - please be respectful of our regular users.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
By train: Falkirk Grahamston train station is a 5 minute walk from Falkirk Library and connects to Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling.
By car: There is no parking at Falkirk Library, but there are car parks nearby. The Falkirk Council website has a list of parking options: www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/roads-parking-transport/streets-parking/car-parks.aspx#falkirktowncentre-freeparking
Will food or drink be available?
We'll have a tuck shop on the second floor selling cold drinks and snacks, sweets, crisps etc.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
This is an all ages event, but children aged under 12 should be accompanied by an adult. We'll have activities for all ages!
Is Falkirk Library disabled friendly?
Lift access is available to all floors. A disabled bathroom is at the entrance and on the main, second floor. If you require any advice or assistance on the day a member of staff will be pleased to assist.
Are guide dogs welcome?
All registered guide dogs, hearing dogs and medical alert dogs are welcome. We ask everyone to respect the owners and their animals. No other animals or pets are permitted.
Will my photograph be taken or will I be filmed?
By attending Falkirk Libraries Comic Takeover you are agreeing that Falkirk Community Trust and select members of the press can use your image in print or online.
Can I take photographs and video?
You can, but please be respectful of others and ask permission before photographing individuals. Your photography or videos should not be used for commercial puposes.
If you are a journalist or blogger and would like to cover the event, please get in touch with us in advance and we can provide press passes.
Who do I contact with any questions?
Email email@example.com, call 01324 506800.
We encourage cosplay and costumes and can't wait to see what you come up with! We'll be running a Cosplay competition on the day.
We ask everyone in costume to consider the following:
1. This is a family-friendly event, so please bear this in mind when you're dressing. We will refuse you entry if your costume is deemed to be in poor taste or is a bit too revealing - please don't make us act like your nan!
2. Please help us stay on the right side of Health and Safety and ensure any bulky costumes don't have edges or elements that may injure others. Think about bringing a buddy to help you navigate!
3. Please don't bring any real or functional weapons or props, no matter how awesome it makes your costume look. We want everyone to have a safe, fun day and we don't want to call on those nice men in blue who live around the corner from the library.
• Any replica guns should have a bright safety tip
• All props should have blunt edges
• Please don't bring any pyrotechics, lasers, BB/cap guns, or anything that can fire projectiles or can cause damage in any way to another person or property.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who is wearing or carrying anything that may be deemed dangerous or offensive. Please don't let that be you!