What is a Great Place Digital Heritage Placement?
An opportunity for current students or recent graduates in relevant fields to develop practical working skills in their chosen career. This placement is ideal for students in areas such as history, museum studies, or education, with an interest in working in arts, heritage, or tourism. It will cover the development and delivery of digital engagement programmes, heritage marketing, social media and outreach, and work on the creation of interpretation materials.
The Great Place project is a district-wide 2.5-year programme of activities celebrating the places, people, traditions, and industry of the Falkirk area with thanks to the National Lottery Heritage Fund. For more information about the scheme, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @GreatPlaceFK or visit the Our Stories project at ourstoriesfalkirk.com.
To apply, send a CV and brief cover letter to email@example.com
What's in it for you?
- Work closely as part of a team of experienced heritage professionals to gain hands-on experience in delivering digital engagement programmes.
- Gain an understanding of working in partnership with organisations across a range of sectors.
- Contribute to the success of a National Lottery Heritage Fund scheme.
- Placement participants will have the opportunity to continue to participate in Great Place programmes throughout the duration of the scheme in our general volunteering corps to further develop skills and areas of interest.
- Within the bounds of the project’s goals, participants will be encouraged to explore areas of particular interest / relevance to their personal studies.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of digital community programmes
- Helping with the development of content for the Our Stories site, with the opportunity to explore areas of individual interest in research
- Working on outreach and marketing activities to engage the general public with our programmes
- Help to develop social media content and campaigns
- Participating in planning work for in-person activities to be delivered from late autumn 2020.
Skills, Attitude and Experience required:
Personable with good communication skills
Currently studying or recently graduated from programmes in heritage, history, education, or related subject
Demonstrated interest in one or more areas of heritage (including natural heritage)
Confidence in research and writing
Experience volunteering with heritage or environmental programmes
The Digital Heritage Placement is predominantly an online volunteering opportunity. While we encourage applicants who have a knowledge of/ interest in the Falkirk area, the opportunity is open to interested participants from across the UK.
Openings available from June 2020, 8-12 hours per week. Hours are flexible and we can work with your schedule.
Helen Rashad, Project coordinator
Training and support will be provided throughout the placement by Great Place staff. Some external training opportunities may be available in connection to our general volunteering programme
Create a MyFCT account to save upcoming events and classes, and get recommendations tailored for you.
Already have an account? Log in
Enter your basic account information below. You'll use this to sign-in in future and on different devices.
Let us know your interests to get started on recommendations, and receive our top picks via email. Email preferences can be tailored in your account dashboard.
Please sign-in to see your saved events and recommendations.
No account? No problem! Get started
Please enter your email address and password.
has been added to your preferences.
has been removed off your preferences.
This is your basket area and allows you to add film, event and theater bookings and then checkout and pay all in one place.
Welcome - simply create your account today.
Great - simply browse through our range of items and add them to your basket.
No problem! If you've already registered with us, simply enter your email address and we'll email you a brand new one.
Once you've pressed, "SEND PASSWORD" check your email, copy and paste the details the next time you sign in.