Libraries are back, come on in!
We’re thrilled to be able to welcome you to borrow books and use library PCs.
Are you happy to be back?
Have you visited us since we’ve been open? We’d love to know about your visit, whether it’s a video of how you got on, a photo of the books you’ve borrowed or a comment about the experience.
- Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment on our blog
- Tag us online at Twitter (@LibFalkirk)
- Tag us on Facebook or Instagram @falkirklibraries
- Use #librariesareback
- We’ll share these on our social media pages.
Not been in yet? Here’s what to expect.
We are open for browsing, borrowing, photocopying and using library PCs. You don’t need an appointment, but you should book a library PC in advance to avoid disappointment.
You can also make an appointment to sort out your bus pass at Falkirk Library by calling 01324 503605.
When you arrive, pop on your face covering. We’ll ask you to complete a form for contact tracing and invite you to use the hand sanitiser provided.
You can return your books and you won’t have to worry about any fines for items that were due while we were closed.
Opening hours are reduced for the moment. You can use PCs for up to one hour a day. For the moment, browsing is limited to 15 minutes.
We are looking forward to the reduction of restrictions so we can extend this time and start moving towards a more normal service that includes the reintroduction of library activities.
How we’re keeping you safe
- Staff have received training and are following strict hygiene measures
- Staff are practising good hand hygiene and wearing face coverings
- Our reception desks have sneeze screens
- Surfaces are wiped throughout the day
- We are asking you to wear a face covering, unless exempt from doing so
- We’re recording your details for contact tracing. We’ll keep these for no longer than 21 days.
- We are limiting the amount of time people spend in the building to 15 minutes for browsing and bus passes, and 1 hour for PC use