Do you still have library books, audiobooks or DVDs lurking at home from before lockdown?
Don’t worry, get them back to us and you won’t face any fines or charges. We understand that it hasn’t been easy, or possible, for many people to get back in to see us.
You can return your items at any library in the area, regardless of where you borrowed them from.
How do I return?
Come on in and simply leave your books at the counter with one of our helpful staff. We hope you’ll then have a browse through our many new books, and borrow some more. Opening times are below’
New due date for your library items
We’ve renewed all items taken out before lockdown an additional time. The new due date is October 4th, 2021. We’d be grateful if you could get your books back as soon as you can as some items have readers waiting for them.
We turned off overdue charges while we were closed and gave everyone a bit of extra time to get items back. Now libraries have once again resumed regular opening hours, overdue fees have resumed. From October 4th 2021 items have once again begun to accrue overdue fees.
Please do get your items back as soon as you can and do have a chat to our friendly staff if you have any problems.
Libraries are currently open to our pre covid opening times. Visit our libraries page or choose from the list below to see the opening hours for your nearest library.
Can I borrow more items?
Of course you can! Please remember your library card, but if you’ve misplaced it we can sort you out with a new one. You can also request books on our library catalogue before your visit or use our new Click & Collect service and we’ll choose items for you.
Wondering what to expect?
We’re doing all we can to keep you safe when you visit us.
- Staff have received training and are following strict hygiene measures
- Staff are practising good hand hygiene and wearing face coverings
- Our reception desks have sneeze screens
- Surfaces are wiped throughout the day
- We are asking you to wear a face covering, unless exempt from doing so
- We’re recording your details for contact tracing. We’ll keep these for no longer than 21 days.
- We are asking people to keep their browsing visits short for the moment. We require appointments for bus passes and PC use is limited to 1 hour.
Please see our FAQs for other commonly asked questions.