Do you still have library books, audiobooks or DVDs lurking at home from before lockdown?
Don’t worry, get them back to us and you won’t face any fines or charges. We understand that it hasn’t been easy, or possible, for many people to get back in to see us.
You can return your items at any library in the area, regardless of where you borrowed them from.
How do I return?
We have returns boxes at library entrances so you can drop them quickly when we’re open. However, we hope you’ll come in, have a browse through our many new books, and borrow some more. Opening times are below.
New due date for your library items
We’ve renewed all items taken out before lockdown until August 2nd. We’d be grateful if you could get your books back as soon as you can as some items have readers waiting for them.
Don’t worry about fines or charges for items that were due for return while we were closed. These have been waived.
Libraries are currently open daytimes and Saturdays and closed Wednesdays and weekends. Don’t worry, this will change soon. Visit our libraries page or choose from the list below to see the opening hours for your nearest library.
Can I borrow more items?
Of course you can! Please remember your library card, but if you’ve misplaced it we can sort you out with a new one. You can also request books on our library catalogue before your visit or use our new Click & Collect service and we’ll choose items for you.
Wondering what to expect?
We’re doing all we can to keep you safe when you visit us.
- Staff have received training and are following strict hygiene measures
- Staff are practising good hand hygiene and wearing face coverings
- Our reception desks have sneeze screens
- Surfaces are wiped throughout the day
- We are asking you to wear a face covering, unless exempt from doing so
- We’re recording your details for contact tracing. We’ll keep these for no longer than 21 days.
- We are limiting the amount of time people spend in the building to 15 minutes for browsing and bus passes, and 1 hour for PC use
Please see our FAQs for other commonly asked questions.