Writing Rammy – Falkirk Libraries Short Fiction Competition for everyone.
Falkirk Libraries annual short fiction competition is back for its third year. The Writing Rammy is open to all ages, whether you’re 5 or 105. Taking part couldn’t be easier; all you have to do is write a short piece of fiction or poetry about anything you choose. You can even send in entries from your whole family for a chance to claim our Family Rammy prize.
We celebrate the competition with a special event during Book Week Scotland and winners are invited – if they choose, no pressure – to read their piece aloud. Entries will be judged by a panel from Falkirk Community Trust Libraries. A winner and a runner up will be chosen in each of the following categories:
• Junior 12 and under
• Teen 13 -17
• Best Family Entry* (Family Rammy)
You can see previous winners from 2017 here
For a chance to scoop our Family Rammy prize, get together with the other members of your family and each write a story or poem and send in your entries together. We want everyone to take part – mums, dads, grannies, uncles, big brothers, cousins… the whole family!
Family Rammy entries don’t need to involve lots of people – it can involve as little as one entry from and adult and one entry from a child in the same family.
• Competition opens: Saturday 15th June
• Competition closes: Thursday 31st October
• Winners announced: November
• Winners’ ceremony: During Book Week Scotland
How to enter
• Word limits: 250 words if you are aged 12 and under, up to 500 words if you are 13 or over.
• All entries should clearly state your name, age, address, tel. no and email address.
• Word processed entries should be emailed (preferred) to WritingRammy@falkirkcommunitytrust.org by midnight on Saturday 31st August
You may hand in word processed/typed entries to any library in the Falkirk area by 3pm on the closing date. Please note: Slamannan Library closes at 5pm on Friday and reopens 2pm on Mondays.
Writing Rammy Rules
Terms and conditions apply. Please read the rules before submitting your entry. Copies of these rules are also available in all Falkirk Community Trust Libraries.