What is the Falkirk Schools Sports League?
- It is a series of sporting events and challenges running from April – June, that schools take part in to win points for their school
- Events and challenges take place at your school and you submit the results to Active Schools, who collate the results
- The sports will be Athletics, Basketball, Cross Country and Football
How does it work?
- Schools will be separated into Small (0-150 pupils) / Medium (151 – 300 pupils) and Large (300+ pupils) schools based on your school roll. You will then compete against these schools throughout the term. Coordinators will be happy to discuss which group you want to compete in, if you fall within 5% of the cut off.
- There are events and challenges suitable for P1-P3, P4-P5 and P6-P7
- When you complete an event or challenge you simply submit your results to your Active Schools coordinator and they will do the rest
- Each age group will compete for prizes in their own age group and the points accumulated in each age group competition are added together to give you the overall school points
- The more events and challenges you enter the more points you will win
- Prizes will be awarded for the winners of each event or challenge as well as for the overall top 3 small / medium and large schools at the end of the competitions.
How to engage on Social Media
- Take pictures and videos of your pupils completing the challenges
- Tag @FalkirkSport and use the hashtag #FalkirkSSL in your Twitter post
- Tag your Active Schools Coordinator in your Twitter post
We will be running a weekly twitter competition, where we will select the two best school posts each week to receive £25 worth of vouchers from a local sports supplier. To be in the running to win one of the weekly prizes you must post your effort before 12noon each Friday, tagging @FalkirkSport and using the #FalkirkSSL. Weekly prizes will be accumulated throughout the duration of the Sports League, with vouchers for the total amounts won awarded on completion.